Neoflon M-400H PCTFE
These blanks have been annealed and are ready to
be machined into
Cryogenic Ball Valve Seats
PCTFE is well suited for cryogenic parts such as ball valve seats & seals. APT typically molds and machines the Daikin Neoflon M-400H grade of PCTFE.
PCTFE is a tough, durable fluoroplastic that exhibits unique physical and mechanical
- High mechanical strength and low shrinkage rate at low temperatures providing excellent stability for valve seats.
- Excellent stability at low temperatures
- Good machining properties
- Excellent chemical resistance to all inorganic corrosive liquids
- Practically zero moisture absorption
- Excellent electrical properties maintained in high humidity conditions
- Maximum temperature for continuous use: 248 F (120 C)
- Melting point: Approx. 410 F
These characteristics are maintained over a working range of
-400 deg. F to +248 deg. F (-240 deg. C to +120 deg. C).
PCTFE M-400H Material Properties:
Properties listed are general ranges. Actual properties may vary based on
- Compressive Strength (D-695): 5000-5500 psi
- Tensile Strength (D-638): 4800-5300 psi
- Elongation: 100 - 200%
- Flexural Strength (D-790): 9000 - 10,000 psi
- Hardness, Shore D: D90
material lot and processing.
The commonly known Kel-F® brand of PCTFE, a
registered trademark of 3M,
is no longer manufactured. APT typically processes PCTFE, M-400H grade, by Daikin America.
Note: The property data offered represents average values obtained on laboratory test samples. Values listed are high limits.
Properties may vary based upon processing technique and temperature.
Data should be used only as a guide in selecting the appropriate compound.
Actual performance will be affected by processing methods as well as
end use service conditions.